Follow and implement daily curriculum as directed by the Lead Teacher. Maintain a safe physical environment conducive to child growth and development by ensuring appropriate response to children’s emotional, social and physical needs. This person must be able to relate well to both children and adults in a patient, calm manner and be sensitive to the needs of individual children.
• Prepare curriculum materials and implement daily program as directed by the Lead Teacher.
• Maintain a safe physical environment conducive to child growth and development by ensuring appropriate response to children’s emotional, social and physical needs.
• Help children learn to adapt, cope and accumulate confidence in their abilities.
• Provide love, care, supervision and protection for each child.
• Consider and provide for the needs of each child in relationship to their individual learning style and pace of learning.
• Ensure that equipment and materials are accessible, appropriate and in good condition.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with co-workers. Communicate regularly with the Lead Teacher.
• Maintain a professional image that promotes the values of the organization at all times.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Make daily observations of the health of children, reporting conditions that require attention; administer first aid when necessary.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents.
• Participate in staff meetings and in-service trainings.
• Maintain professional development requirements annually.
• Maintain compliance with all regulatory guidelines.
• Strategic Agility—Is future oriented and can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities.
• Creativity—Analyzes problems/needs and creates breakthrough solutions.
• Priority Setting—Creates focus and can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal.
• Integrity and Trust—Keeps confidences and can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner.
Part time, hourly (up to 29 hours per week).