Follow, implement daily curriculum and evaluate the physical and developmental needs of the children in the classroom. This person must be able to relate well to both children and adults in a patient, calm manner to effectively supervise staff assisting in the classroom and be sensitive to the needs of individual children.
• Follow curriculum and implement daily program with appropriate developmental experiences for the age group of the children assigned.
• Maintain a safe physical environment conducive to child growth and development by ensuring appropriate response to children’s emotional, social and physical needs.
• Help children learn to adapt, cope and accumulate confidence in their abilities.
• Provide love, care and protection for each child.
• Consider and provide for the needs of each child in relationship to their individual learning style and pace of learning.
• Ensure that equipment and materials are accessible, appropriate and in good condition.
• Maintain a professional image that promotes the values of the organization at all times.
• Make daily observations of the health of children, reporting conditions that require attention; administer first aid when necessary.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents.
• Hold regular parent-teacher conferences to engage and involve parents with our program and the development of their child.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with co-workers.
• Participate in staff meetings and in-service trainings.
• Maintain professional development requirements annually.
• Supervise and encourage the development of assistant teachers and volunteers in the classroom.
• In collaboration with the Program Director, offer guidance to assistants in maintaining their professional development requirements.
• Cooperate with Program Director in evaluation of assistants.
• Maintain and ensure compliance with all regulatory guidelines for all teachers in assigned classroom.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strategic Agility—Is future oriented and can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities.
• Creativity—Analyzes problems/needs and creates breakthrough solutions.
• Priority Setting—Creates focus and can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal.
• Integrity and Trust—Keeps confidences and can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner.
Part time, hourly (up to 29 hours per week).